Wednesday, May 4, 2011

practicum Post 7

So after a semester of exploring everything has to offer i can honestly say that my love and respect for the site is at a all time high. I began this year being just a consumer of information on youtube. I did not know anything else besides the fact you could look anything up and it would probably be there. Now I have become a consumer and contributor.
I respect the site because of its inner community of volunteers that realize how large of a contribution wikipedia is for mankind. When I first made an edit wrong, a user contacted me and pointed me into the right direction. From the adopt program to the hierarchy I was shocked to learn how large of a community the site really is. I wish i had more motivation to contribute more to this amazing site. Because of that, i have so much respect for the volunteers of wikipedia who keep the site as reliable as possible and running so smoothly.
As a graduating senior, wikipedia has been a very important part of my collegiate career. And not to sound repetitive but I can't speak enough of how much respect I have. I'll end by saying if I was allowed to go to only one website the rest of my life it would undoubtably be wikipedia.

No comments:

Post a Comment