Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Practicum Post #7- Julie MacGuidwin

Well, this is my final post! I think I've learned all I can learn from using twitter. I've come to some conclusions that I write about in my paper that I will elaborate on. First of all, I think that most people use twitter to feel more connected to celebs and other big shots they couldn't normally connect with. I found that most users were only on the site to follow these types of people rather than make new friends, connect with old friends, etc. Also, even though there was a ton of randomness all of the Twitter trends, I found the majority of the content discussed was about celebrity content or big events/news going on in the world. An example of celeb content could be something as lame as "justin bieb's haircut", or more serious an example of big events or news would be "bin ladens death." Finally, I found that people really create their personality and presence based upon the content they share. To be heard, you have to be important or have something worth reading.


1 comment:

  1. I've been reading a lot about how people think a problem with Twitter is that people don't create their own content because all they do is share other content. Is that something you've seen in your practicum?

    ReplyDelete