Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Practicum Numero 5

So, I'm also a moderator on BrewCrewBall. Have been for a little while. However, I had never really had to do anything so far as stopping arguments, etc.

Until a few days ago. After Brewers losses, particularly during losing streaks or after a bad loss, sometimes tempers can run a little high, though, and a couple members started getting into a bit more of a heated argument than that which would be within the comfort zone. For the first time, I got to intervene! My pulse rapidly increased, I became short of breath. What should I say? How should I put a stop to this?

Basically, I just asked them both to cool off and sent a warning to the most egregious offender. Warnings given to users appear on their screen the next time they log in, with a note about being warned. I could also ban someone, but that definitely wasn't necessary at the time.

Pretty quickly after, the warned member than sent me an email for more clarification and to vent his feelings about the other member. We had a short conversation via email which I felt helped resolve the issue.

I guess it's kind of cool having power sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment