Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Computerized Tracking

Well, as it turns out, when I'm at school I do little besides interact with computerized things.

If we start Tuesday afternoon at 4:30, I had a 2-hour film editing class in which I used my personal laptop, the school's Mac Pro, and my external harddrive almost without rest. After I got home and cooked a quick pasta dinner (no computers there!), I returned to my room where I watched the Godfather on my laptop while converting it to a file that I could later use for editing in Final Cut. After a cell phone call to my girlfriend, I came out into our main living room where I ended up playing Super Smash Brothers on Nintento 64 for longer than I'd like to admit. After a quick bowl of cereal and an email check, it was time to go to bed. Before actually falling asleep, though, I of course set my alarm on my cell phone.

It's pretty crazy how dependant we are on technology—I've long known that (at least while I'm in school) I hardly do anything that doesn't require a computer in some way. It's nice to have everything instantaneously available, but at the same time, I definitely don't like to think about how much I rely on computers for, well, just about everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment